Monday, June 14, 2010

Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios


Sunday, June 13, 2010

Today was the day we went to Hollywood Studios. It was Star Wars weekend. We were greeted with two storm troopers! We got there around 9:15 this morning. We raced through the crowds to get to Hollywood Tower of Terror. It was every bit as scary as I remember! We also hit up the Muppets do 3-D, The Great Movie Ride, Backlot Tour, and Aerosmith’s Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. Unfortunately, today was the day I crashed. It was definitely a struggle throughout the day. We had to leave early so I could rest. But, at least we got to ride on all the rides we wanted to.
Probably one of the highlights of the day was seeing all the Star Wars stuff. We stumbled across a parade, in which, we saw Peter Mayhew and Ray Park! It was pretty exciting. Also, we were able to see Darth Vadar signing autographs. We got plenty of pictures. They will be posted as soon as we can.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Animal Kingdom! Both Ross and I were a little nervous about going here. We didn’t really know what to expect. It was a cross between a zoo and a park + Epcot. There were different “worlds” to go into. While in Asia, we went to Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids. In Africa, we visited a Kilimanjaro Safari. It was cool! At some point we did a walking tour during a jungle tour. On this, we saw a silverback show aggression by jumping up and down and beat his chest.
I think our highlight was Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids. We were able to go on those a couple times. Of course, the second time we went on the rapids, I got COMPLETELY saturated. I felt like I stepped into my shower completely clothed. We left shortly after.
The night was topped off when I walked our room, I saw storm troopers by the pool! I ran back upstairs to let everyone else know. More and more kept showing up. We got some GREAT pictures!!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment