Sunday, June 6, 2010

4 days and counting!!!

We soon begin our journey!!! 4 days left!! We leave for Storm Lake on Tuesday. We'll drop Madeline off and head out on Wednesday. Taking off Thursday!! It's been 11 months since my stroke and it's our 5 year anniversary, so I figure I deserve it!

First stop-Orlando! This will be the 3rd time for both of us. We get there around 1:00 that day. Highlights of the Orlando leg, will be Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom (1st time going there!), a dinner theater and finally a tour of Kennedy Space Center with an airboat ride in the swamps. Even though we've been there before, we are both very excited!

Second stop-Charleston! First time for both of us. I figured if we were going to be in Savannah (1 1/2 hours away), I HAD to see where the Civil War began. What history!! Highlights of Charleston leg, Slave Mart, carriage ride, Fort Sumter, and plantation.

Third stop-Savannah! We get to see Court! I've heard that Savannah is beautiful. We can't wait to see what's in store for us. We don't really have anything planned, except a haunted pub crawl!

We'll be flying from Des Moines to Orlando, Orlando to Charleston, and then Savannah to Des Moines. From Charleston to Savannah we will experience the rail! We will be gone for 12 days-and with no Madeline. We will miss her terribly but it will be nice to be adults again! :) Madeline will be staying with both sets of grandparents. Won't she get spoiled!!

-J

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! Never been to Savannah but I've heard it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about us - we'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've started a rough itinerary for your time in SAV. Can't wait to have you here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you guys, and a little jealous! I have so much fun at Disneyland (and I've been to DisneyWorld once), but I don't think Dan's such a fan. I hope you just have a blast and enjoy every second, and I'm sure you will!

    ReplyDelete